The Naxian Product set was developed in the early 1990’s before OLAP systems became widely available in the market. The product has been superseded by multi-dimensional databases developed by the large software vendors (Cognos, Business Objects, Microsoft OLAP, Oracle etc).
This information has been provided below to illustrate the type of products and software engineering the company can undertake.
The NAXIAN software consisted of six components:
- Operational Data Store Loader – The Warehouse Builder
- Metabase Maintenance Module – The Mart Metabase Manager
- Data Mart Extractor and Manager – The Mart Builder
- OLAP Engine and Maintenance Module – The Maintenance Module
- Desktop OLAP Browser – The Browser
- WEB OLAP Report Writer and Menu Builder – The Web Writer
"The Information Age...is dead and gone, replaced by the information economy...The Information Age was about the building of databases. It was about the rise of…